8 oz bag of spaghetti
half an onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
2/3 lb. bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. dried oregano
1. Cook pasta according to package.
2. Fry bacon and saute onion in a pan. Pour out half the grease and add in 1/4 stick of butter while bacon is almost cooked. When bacon is cooked, but not hard, add a 1/4 cup of wine and let it saute 5 minutes on low.
3. While bacon is cooking, scramble eggs in a large ceramic bowl (eventually the hot spaghetti will be put in this bowl and it will cook the egg.) Mix in the Parmesan thoroughly until it has a soupy consistency. Add oregano and mix.
4. Add 3 Tbsp. of white wine and simmer 2 more minutes. (There should be at least 1/4 cup grease/butter/wine mixture left to help coat the pasta.)
5. Pour bacon mixture and spaghetti into bowl of egg mixture. Stir gently until coated evenly. Salt to taste.
Serve while hot!
*By the way, I call this recipe "authentic" because my dad learned it from the mother of an Italian exchange student when he visited them in Italy.