Friday, August 2, 2013
*Adapted from here.
Prep: 20 minutes + time to marinate
4 salmon filets with skin (1 lb.)
1/4 cup light balsamic salad dressing
2 Tbsp honey
salt & pepper to taste
1 Tbsp olive oil
1. Combine salad dressing, honey, salt & pepper in a zip-top bag and mix thoroughly. Add salmon filets and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4-8 hours.
2. Heat oil on skillet on medium heat. Add filets (reserving the marinade), flesh-side down, and cook for 6 minutes. Turn and cook 2 more minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
3. Add the rest of the marinade to the skillet and turn heat to high. Allow sauce to simmer until reduced and thickened, stirring frequently. Drizzle glaze over filets to serve.
Serving suggestions: Serve with rice pilaf and/or sautéed vegetables.
This recipe is inspired by the Turkey Bacon Bravo sandwich at Panera Bread and a Turkey & Applewood Smoked Bacon Ciabatta sandwich at one of our favorite local restaurants.
Prep: 5 minutes
2 slices applewood smoked bacon
1 sun-dried tomato sandwich wrap or 2 slices Ciabatta bread
mayonnaise or special sauce*
4 oz. roasted turkey breast deli meat
1 slice smoked gouda cheese
spring mix lettuce or romaine lettuce
1. Cook bacon until crispy. Set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, spread mayonnaise or special sauce on bread of choice.
3. Combine the rest of the ingredients to make the sandwich, including bacon.
Panera's special sauce recipe:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp dried mustard
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
dash of Tabasco (or Cholula)
Combine, mix well, and refrigerate. This will make 3/4 - 1 cup sauce.