Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
26 oz. jar marinara sauce
1 cup chicken broth
16 uncooked lasagna noodles
15 oz. carton nonfat ricotta cheese (about 2 cups)
3 tsp. dried basil
freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 10-oz. packages frozen leaf spinach, thawed, squeezed dry (about 4 cups)
4 cups of Velveeta white cheddar cheese (dice them for the layers)
2 Tbsp. of minced garlic
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, mix minced garlic with marinara sauce and chicken broth. Spoon just enough sauce into dish, tilting sides, to cover the bottom.
3. Using the small spatula, spread four uncooked lasagna noodles with one-third ricotta. Lay noodles length-wise, side by side, ends even in center of baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. basil. Top spinach with 1/4 of the sauce. Top sauce with 1/4 of the mozzarella.
4. Repeat two more layers of noodle-ricotta, spinach, sauce and mozzarella. End with layer of noodles topped with remaining sauce spread completely to edges of noodles. Sprinkle sauce with remaining mozzarella.
5. Lightly spray a 16-inch length of four with cooking spray. Attach foil, sprayed side down, to ends of pan, tenting foil above lasagna. Crimp foil around all edges of pan to seal.
6. Bake covered 45 minutes Using tongs. Remove foil and discard. Using bulb baster or spoon, baste top of lasagna with sauce from both ends of pan. Bake an additional 20-30 minutes.
7. Remove from oven let rest 15 minutes.
Note: This recipe freezes well.