*From Cooking in Style the Costco Way, p.153
Prep: 30 minutes
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb. mild or hot Italian sausage
1 Tbsp minced garlic
salt & pepper to taste (about 1/4 tsp salt)
6 cups torn or coarsely chopped spinach
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 14.5 oz. can stewed tomatoes, coarsely chopped
16 oz. rigatoni pasta
Parmesan cheese, freshly shaved (choose one with a strong flavor)
1. Cook rigatoni according to package.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in large saute pan over medium heat. Remove casing from sausage and cook, stirring, until crumbled and lightly browned. Drain and set aside in a bowl.
3. Add remaining oil, garlic, salt, and pepper to the pan and cook until garlic just starts to brown.
4. Stir in spinach and basil, and cook until spinach just starts to wilt. Add tomatoes and simmer until spinach is cooked.
5. Add cooked sausage and rigatoni; stir to combine.
6. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.