Monday, December 22, 2014
Pressure Cooker Pork Loin Roast with Cherry Dijon Sauce
*Adapted from Key Ingredient.
Prep: 60 minutes
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2-3 lb pork loin roast
salt & pepper
2 cups chicken broth
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp lemon zest
1 1/2 cup frozen cherries
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp light brown sugar
2 tsp cornstarch, mixed into 1 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp butter
1. With pressure cooker lid off, heat oil on high. Generously salt and pepper roast, place in cooker and brown on both sides.
2. Add stock, garlic, zest to cooker and secure lid. Cook on high for 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place cherries, water, mustard and sugar in sauce pan over medium heat. Cover, bring to simmer and let cook 10 minutes.
4. Use a potato masher, hand blender or heavy spoon to mash most of the cherries into the sauce before adding the cornstarch mixture and letting simmer for 3 more minutes to thicken sauce.
5. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
6. Let cooker release naturally for 10 minutes then quick release. Remove roast and let rest under foil for 10 minutes before carving and serving smothered in cherry sauce.
Serving suggestions: Serve with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, and cornbread.