Friday, March 6, 2015
Sausage Fruit Kabobs
*Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens.
Prep: 30 minutes
3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp honey
12 oz cooked smoked sausage, bias cut in 3/4" slices (I used turkey sausage)
1 apple, cored and cut into 1/2" wedges
1 zucchini, halved and cut in 1/2" slices (sprinkle with salt to enhance flavor)
6 oz crusty bread, cut into 1" pieces
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Stir together mustard and honey in a small bowl.
2. Alternately thread sausage, apples, and zucchini on skewers, leaving 1/4" between pieces. Brush with some of the honey-mustard; reserve remaining honey-mustard. Place on rack of unheated broiler pan. Change oven setting to broil and broil kabobs 4-5 inches from heat for 4 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, thread bread skewers; lightly brush with olive oil.
4. Turn sausage skewers, brush with more honey-mustard, and add bread skewers to the pan. Broil 3 minutes more or until sausage is heated through and bread is toasted, turning bread once.
5. Serve with honey-mustard.
Note: Try with other veggies--sweet potato, red onion, bell peppers, corn, yellow squash, broccoli, or carrots.