Monday, April 28, 2014
Whole Wheat Banana Bread (no sugar added)
*Adapted from this recipe on 100 Days of Real Food.
2 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 ripe bananas, smashed
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup oil (I used coconut oil)
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease pan (I greased with coconut oil).
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix mashed bananas with yogurt, honey, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
4. Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture until blended. Do not overmix.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake large loaf 40-50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. For 3 small loaves, bake approximately 30 minutes.
Notes: I may try melting the coconut oil 10 seconds in the microwave so that it's liquid instead of solid next time. I also used vanilla-flavored yogurt, but did not use the vanilla extract, and we all thought it was very tasty!