Prep: 30 minutes + 40 minutes baking
10-12 stalks of asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 3/4" pieces
1 ear of sweet corn, kernels removed
1/4 cup onion, finely diced
1 Tbsp butter
1 (9 in.) unbaked pastry shell
1 cup crabmeat, drained and flaked
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1. Sauté asparagus in butter in a saucepan on medium-high for 3 minutes. Add corn and onion; sauté an additional 3 minutes or until onion begins to turn translucent and asparagus is crisp tender. Drain vegetables on a paper towel to absorb excess moisture.
2. Prepare pie pan with pie crust. Arrange vegetables over the pastry crust. Top with crab meat. Sprinkle feta cheese over crab.
3. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, Parmesan cheese, dry mustard, paprika, and salt. Brush a bit of the egg mixture around the edges of the pastry crust, then pour mixture into the pastry.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until firm. Allow to rest 10-15 minutes before cutting.
*Notes for myself:
- I used canned white meat crab.
- Consider using seafood seasoning like Old Bay in place of paprika.
- Consider adding one Tbsp of flour to help absorb moisture--sprinkle over pastry before adding vegetables.
- The quiche did not rise, so pour egg mixture into pastry shell right up until just below the brim of the shell.